Excerpt from July 5:
People in Vancouver and Toronto are so different. We are definitely more laid back here in the west. you could just tell by the clothes people wear. Torontorians are more trendy and fashion-forward. Their clothes are more colourful and unique which I really like. Shopping is great there ! so much more variety and neat things. There are also alot of festivals and events to see in the community. Toronto itself is so much larger and more happening due to the about of people traffic everywhere. Its definitely a more animated city. I had a really good time and definitely wouldn't mind going there again. I actually wouldn't mind living there for the short term.
Mingling is part of the culture there. Clubs are in one central area and even at 3 in the morning, there are still crowds in the streets, still trying to have a good time. I am glad that i was there during the Canada Day long weekend celebrations. It allowed me to see many events and even fireworks at Ontario Place. However, apparently the big festival is happening next weekend (don't know what its called) where they close off Yonge Street and have a festivals set up at each intersection. oh well next time.
I also love the fact that even though you are amongst many tall high-rises that the streetscape still seems so spacious. I think its because most of the major streets have streetcars in the middle which widens each road considerably.
I also noticed alot of new things about myself during this trip. I realized that people don't bother me as much and that i don't take offense as easily. I really enjoy that and so i hope that lasts ;) I exercised successfully how not to backtrack on things as much. I noticed that I am getting the same feeling as i did couple years back, when things were calm and i was happy being me (although i am still working on a couple of things and in a wiser more mature kinda way). Realized that i don't mind living in TO for a couple of months to a year for the short term or s/t since i need some peace and quiet for my own sanity. Learned to relax in every sense of the word. Realized that i feel healthier when i am on vacation (yes, doesn't everyone), but i also walked away feeling like a better person as a whole.
All in all, the trip was great fun. Thanks to T & D for putting up with me and for showing me around.
People in Vancouver and Toronto are so different. We are definitely more laid back here in the west. you could just tell by the clothes people wear. Torontorians are more trendy and fashion-forward. Their clothes are more colourful and unique which I really like. Shopping is great there ! so much more variety and neat things. There are also alot of festivals and events to see in the community. Toronto itself is so much larger and more happening due to the about of people traffic everywhere. Its definitely a more animated city. I had a really good time and definitely wouldn't mind going there again. I actually wouldn't mind living there for the short term.
Mingling is part of the culture there. Clubs are in one central area and even at 3 in the morning, there are still crowds in the streets, still trying to have a good time. I am glad that i was there during the Canada Day long weekend celebrations. It allowed me to see many events and even fireworks at Ontario Place. However, apparently the big festival is happening next weekend (don't know what its called) where they close off Yonge Street and have a festivals set up at each intersection. oh well next time.
I also love the fact that even though you are amongst many tall high-rises that the streetscape still seems so spacious. I think its because most of the major streets have streetcars in the middle which widens each road considerably.
I also noticed alot of new things about myself during this trip. I realized that people don't bother me as much and that i don't take offense as easily. I really enjoy that and so i hope that lasts ;) I exercised successfully how not to backtrack on things as much. I noticed that I am getting the same feeling as i did couple years back, when things were calm and i was happy being me (although i am still working on a couple of things and in a wiser more mature kinda way). Realized that i don't mind living in TO for a couple of months to a year for the short term or s/t since i need some peace and quiet for my own sanity. Learned to relax in every sense of the word. Realized that i feel healthier when i am on vacation (yes, doesn't everyone), but i also walked away feeling like a better person as a whole.
All in all, the trip was great fun. Thanks to T & D for putting up with me and for showing me around.

1 Comments:
Pictures are forth coming sometime this week....i promise.
Post a Comment (Be sure to include your name)
Home